Hybrid 64: A balance mod that aims to combine Super Smash Bros. 64's aspects and mechanics with the high-speed thrills that Melee already provides. 4-frame L-Canceling, 64-esque pivots, Old-school sound effects, more hitstun, more hitlag, more combos... All this and more!
This mod is only available as an xdelta patch file for your copy of Super Smash Bros. Melee (NTSC 1.02). Packed inside a .zip file, you will find the .xdelta file (which is the mod itself) and patch notes documenting the changes from vanilla Melee (NTSC 1.02) to Hybrid 64.
If you want to know more of how the mod came to be or play its older versions, you may click here to access the original Smashboards thread of the mod.
P.S: I put in the new logo. It looks pretty bad in the header, tho, since it tiles it over and over.
Version 2.20 for Super Smash Bros. Melee Super Smash Bros. Melee
Released on 2019-10-26
- New title screen!
- New logo!
- New CSS ...and more!
Patch notes for this version can be found here: https://pastebin.com/bCfBr1uC
Version v2.1 for Super Smash Bros. Melee Super Smash Bros. Melee
Released on 2019-09-02
Hybrid 64 has been updated to ver. 2.1, with it bringing new Smash 64 mechanics, more Smash 64 sounds, more character balancing, and a few bug fixes.
New Smash 64 Mechanics
- • Stick Hop: Use the Analog Stick to jump varying heights. A full stick hop has characters jump higher than their normal button hop.
- • Slanted Hop: Performing a jump while running/dashing has characters jump at a lower height. This affects Stick Hops.
- • Fixed an issue where Yoshi slid off platforms while shielding.
- • Shield Stun now works properly as the game intended (without Frame Speed Modifiers!)
- • Yoshi now suffers shield stun like the rest of the cast.
- • UCF v0.73 has been added.
- • More Smash 64 Sound Effects.
Full Patch Notes are here: https://pastebin.com/tjn4sceq
Version 2.02 for Super Smash Bros. Melee Super Smash Bros. Melee
Released on 2019-08-22
General Character Balancing. Patch Notes located here: https://pastebin.com/QN7mH3Dk
Version 2.01 for Super Smash Bros. Melee Super Smash Bros. Melee
Released on 2019-07-18
Hybrid 64 has been updated to 2.01. This patch includes the following:
- • Fix an oversight that made Pichu's Down-B instantly KO Jigglypuff and other featherweights in stages with a low blast zone. Additionally, an up-air adjustment to remove a 30 second pseudo-wobble against fastfallers.
- • Some character changes.
- • Change Pikachu's B-air animation to something less out of place.
- • Adjust up throws so they won't KO lightweights/featherweights below 40% in stages with a low blast zone.
Full Patch Notes are inside the .zip file.
Version 2.0 for Super Smash Bros. Melee Super Smash Bros. Melee
Released on 2019-06-27
Patch Notes for 1.5 -> 2.0 are included in the zip file. Too many changes to list.
Version 1.5 for Super Smash Bros. Melee Super Smash Bros. Melee
Released on 2018-07-03
The original intended version of Hybrid 64. If you'd like a more Melee-like experience, try v1.5M.
Version 1.5M for Super Smash Bros. Melee Super Smash Bros. Melee
Released on 2018-07-03
The "More Melee" version of Hybrid 64. It has more DI, Spot Dodge, Wall/Ceiling Techs, Melee Shieldstun and Melee Hitstun.
Stats for Hybrid 64
Downloads over time
New followers per day
Export Raw Stats
Raw stats are from the beginning of time until now. Each follower and download entry represents one hour of data. Uneventful hours are omitted.